Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Denyse Schmidt Speaking at Philly MQG in June


I was doing some guild research yesterday when I discovered Denyse Schmidt, modern quilting goddess, will be speaking in Philadelphia on Friday, June 22, 2012. This is an event hosted by the Philly Modern Quilt Guild.

Ms. Schmidt will be speaking about quilting, showing off some quilts, and signing copies of her new book, Modern Quilts: Traditional Inspiration. It's a great book, and I cannot recommend it enough! Denyse is also the keynote speaker for the QuiltCon in February 2013 in Austin, TX.

Go here for more information about the event. Tickets are $25/person.

I am planning on making the trip Friday afternoon to hear her speak. If anyone is interested in carpooling please send me an email. Maybe this could be the Pittsburgh Modern Quilt Guild's first field trip.
-Jodi


No comments:

Post a Comment