Monday, August 12, 2013

Members' Quilt Show Reception Details (We Need Your Help!)

Thanks to all of our members for contributing their fabulous work for our first group exhibit!! We can't wait to see all the pieces hung for viewing!  Don't forget to drop your entries off to Jodi or Gina by the 17th - the deadline is coming up quick!

As you have heard, our next meeting will be the reception at the Carnegie Library of Pittsburgh, Oakland Branch, Gallery @ Main, on Sunday, September 8th, from 1:00pm -4:00pm.  

We would love your help in making the opening reception a great one!  Please comment on this post letting us know what goodie item you can bring to the reception.  Your help is very much appreciated!

Paper Goods: plates, napkins, cups (hot/cold)
Food: chips, dip, hummus, crackers, cookies, muffins, breads, other (be creative... we're sure it will be yummy!)

Beverages: coffee (pre-made in serving box), cold beverages, water

Fabric Scraps: for the interactive improvisation exhibit - you probably won't get them back, so don't bring anything you aren't willing to part with :)
    Items can be brought to the exhibit space shortly before the reception.  Please e-mail us with any questions.

    20 comments:

    1. I'll bring blueberry nut bread!

      ReplyDelete
    2. I will bring a gluten free sweet, like cookies or brownies.

      ReplyDelete
    3. Stephanie has voluntered to bring 3 dozen cookies! Thank you, Stephanie!

      ReplyDelete
    4. i will bring flowers and veggie/hummus tray

      ReplyDelete
    5. I'll bring crackers and cheese.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. I'll bring napkins and cups for sure. If I can get it together, I will bring some "patchwork" cookies.

        Delete
      2. Oooh I'm excited to see patchwork cookies :)

        Delete
    6. I have a lot of paper cups I will be glad to bring, and will bring a food item, too, but have no idea what it might be right now...

      ReplyDelete
    7. I will bring cookies and plates I have a question about scraps. I have tons of fabric to use but I was not sure if you want it all cut up. please let me know

      ReplyDelete
    8. I will check back a few days before the event to see what is needed.
      Karen

      ReplyDelete
    9. I will be bringing cookies and multi grain chips to go with hummus.

      ReplyDelete
    10. I may bring coffee if we are good in the food department! I will keep reading list and fill in as necessary! Dia, patchwork cookies!!Fantastic!

      ReplyDelete
    11. Last comment about coffee was from me:)

      ReplyDelete
    12. I will bring beverages: a case of water (24), ice, and a 6 pack each of juice, coke and diet coke.

      ReplyDelete
    13. Thank you for all of the generous contributions. We are going to have quite the spread. If you offered to bring scraps, please bring some in various sizes. Think about what size pieces you use when making improvised work. See you Sunday. Cheers! - Jodi

      ReplyDelete
    14. Hi All -- I can't bring goodies because I will be out of town until tomorrow am, but I am bringing everything for the paper quilt squares for kids. Looking forward to it!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Aimee, your paper quilts are an incredible contribution. A few of us will be there at 12:30 tomorrow for set up if you need to arrive early. Thank you, and we will see you tomorrow.

        Delete
    15. I have 6" squares to add to design board scraps

      ReplyDelete